What are cookies?
Cookies are small archives that some platforms, such as web pages, can install into your computer, smartphone, tablet or connected t.v. set when accessing them. A cookie is stored in a computer to personalize and facilitate to a maximum the user’s surfing. Cookies are associated to just one user and his/her computer and they do not provide references that allow to deduce the user’s personal data. The user will be able to configure his/her browser so that it notifies or refuses the installation of the cookies sent by the web site.
Why are they important?
Cookies are useful for various reasons. From a technical point of view, they permit web pages to function in a more dynamic and adapted way to the preferences of the user as, for instance, storing your language or your country’s currency. In addition, they help those responsible of the web site to optimize the services they offer, thanks to the statistical information they collect through them. Finally, they are used to make the publicity we show you more efficient, thanks to which we can offer services free of cost.
Surfing in this web site means that the following types of cookies can be installed:
Performance improvement cookies
This type of cookie remembers your preferences for the tools that are found in the services, so you do not have to configure the service again each time you visit it. As an example, in this typology the following are included:
- Volume settings for video or sound players.
- Video transmission speeds compatible with your browser.
- The objects kept in the “buying basket” in the services of E-commerce such s e-shops.
Statistical analysis cookies
Are those that, that either treated by us or by third parties, allow to quantify the number of visitors and and to analyze statistically the use that users make of our services. Thanks to them we can study surfing in our web page and thus improve the offer of products or services we offer. These cookies are not associated to any data of personal character that may identify the user, providing information on surfing behaviour in an anonymous way.
These cookies are used by programmes that try to geographically locate the situation of the computer, smartphone, tablet or connected t.v.set, to, in a completely anonymous way, offer you the most adequate contents and services.
Registration cookies are generated once the user has registered or later has opened his/her session, and they are used to identify you in the services with the following aims:
- Keep the user identified so that, if a service, the browser or the computer is closed and at any other moment or any other day he/she enters that service he/she will continue to be identified thus facilitating their surfing without having to identify themselves again. This functionality can be suppressed if the user presses the functionality “close session”, this way the cookie is eliminated and the next time he/she enters the service will have to start session to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, as for example, take part in a competition.
Are those that, either treated by us or by third parties, permit to efficiently manage the advertising spaces in our web site, adequating the contents of the advertisement to the contents of the service requested or the use that is made of our web page. Thanks to that we can know your surfing habits in the internet and show you the advertising related to your surfing profile.
Third parties cookies
In some of our pages cookies of third parties can be installed allowing managing and improving of the services they offer. An example of this use are the links to social networks that allow the sharing of our contents.
What cookies do we use?
Following we publish a relation of the main cookies used:
· Cookies strictly necessary, as for instance, those that serve for a correct surfing or those that permit to make payments of goods requested by the user or cookies that serve to make sure that the contents of the web page are charged efficiently: phpsessid
· Analytical cookies, with the purpose of periodical maintenance, for the sake of guaranteeing the user the best possible service, web sites normally make use of “analytical” cookies to compile statistical data of the activity: __utma; __utmb; __utmc; __utmv; __utmz; (google analytics)
How can I configure my preferences?
You can allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed in your equipment by means of the configuration of the options of your internet browser.
Following we offer you the links where you will find information about activating your preferences in the main browsers:
Finally, you can go to the web site Your Online Choices where besides finding useful information, you will be able to configure, supplier by supplier, your preferences about third parties’ advertising cookies.
What happens if cookies are disabled?
In the case of blocking or not accepting the installation of cookies it is possible that certain services offered by our web site which need their use remain disabled and, thus, will not disposable for you so that you will not be able to completely profit everything our webs and applications offer you. It is also possible that the quality of the page functioning may diminish.
Besides the use of our own cookies, we allow third parties to establish cookies and access them in your computer. The consent to the use of these companies’ cookies is linked to surfing in this web site.
Updates of the Cookies Policy
Our web site can modify this Cookies Policy according to legislative or regulation demands with the goal of adapting such policy to the instructions dictated by the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (Spanish agency for data protection), reason why users are advised to visit it periodically.